Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Road to Miss USA

Hello Readers,

Some of you may or may not know why I have these two beautiful pictures posted by my station. 


I am the VERY PROUD hair sponsor of Miss Arkansas USA and Miss Arkansas Teen USA! I have had the honor of working with Helen (Miss) and Lauren (Teen) since early April. Unfortunately, their original hair sponsor could no longer offer their services and because of that I got a late start with these girls and jumped in...guns blazing! I sat down with both girls in April and we talked all things hair! I wanted to know what they wanted there hair to look like day to day and then what they wanted it to look like for nationals! So I have done my absolute best in preparing these girls for their national competition!

In this post I will be focusing on Helen, your Miss Arkansas USA as she has left for MISS USA!!! I know so cool, right? I will do another post on Lauren before her national competition! Helen has some very course textured hair that is pretty curly. When they announced Miss USA was going to be held in Baton Rouge, LA we both got a little worried about the humidity and how her hair would hold up! So we did a keratin smoothing treatment on her hair and OH MY GOSH... it has done wonders for her hair! Her hair no longers gets super frizzy and curly when it is humid or when she works out. Her hair also takes less time to fix each day making her daily routine much easier and more manageable!


Then we did a gloss over the top of her hair! She has a few red tones we wanted to try to eliminate due to stage lighting and then we wanted her hair to look super shiny and healthy! Then at that same salon visit we did a full head of Hot Head Extensions! Helen's hair will probably be curled ninety percent of the time she is in Baton Rouge and we wanted her hair to still look super long even if it was curled! So we added 30 extensions to add about 5 inches in length and create a ton of fullness! 



And of course I can't forget the hair lessons we did! Helen showed me her wardrobe and we discussed what would look best with the attire she was wearing and the overall look she wanted to achieve! Once we decided what would look best with each of phase of competition I showed her how to do them and then I would take the style down and have her do it! So I watched each step and told her what she was doing right and what she could change to make things easier.



We have spent several hours together and I have LOVED every minute of being her hair sponsor! I am so excited to watch her on the national stage and on national television! Please help me in supporting our Miss Arkansas USA and tune in on June 8th at 7:00 pm on NBC! I want to send her the very best of luck! #teamarkansas



No comments:

Post a Comment