Saturday, April 5, 2014

6 Things I think you should know!

Hello Readers,

I have been seeing a lot of lists lately about what you hairstylist wants you to know, doesn't want you to know and everything in between. So I thought that I would make my own list of things that can make your salon experience even more enjoyable then you ever thought it could be!

So here we go...

1. I will always be more than willing to fix your hair if you are unhappy for it! 
If you are unhappy with your service than your stylist is usually more than happy to fix it for you (For example: Wished your hair was a little shorter or you blonde a little less yellow/orange etc).When you are walking around telling people how much you hate your hair or how it's not quite what you wanted then that looks bad on us. We obviously don't want that. All we ask is that you let us know within a timely manner and are polite about it. On the other hand... If somebody fries your hair off or does a terrible haircut... then it's probably time to find a new stylist! 

2. Consultations are a MUST.
I have a very thorough consultation with all my clients... especially new ones. I ask them what they like about their current hair and what they don't like. I like to ask what their styling routine is at home and the types of products they use. I ask what they do for a living and how much time they would like to spend doing their hair every day! I like to know all of these things because it tells me a lot about you and your hair. For example: If you use a mousse and like to round brush your hair everyday that tells me you like volume. Or if you tell me your a stay at home mom that has little ones at home I am going to give you a cut that you can put up so that its out of your way on those crazy days, but also is easy and fast to style on days where you have a few minutes for yourself!

3. Bring Pictures!
If you are coming in for a updo or as new client bring pictures of what you like and what you don't like! We LOVE that! It helps to make sure that we are on the same page and will help to make your experience that much better!

4. Don't hide whats in your hair.
We aren't going to judge you on the fact that you have box colored your hair in the past. Seriously... Don't be afraid to let us know. We are already so happy that you have taken that leap of faith to come in and let us help you feel beautiful! But hairstylists need to know these things so we know what precautions to take when we color your hair and to keep it as healthy as possible!

5. Clean hair is usually better. 
Please come to your appointment with clean hair. Don't show up with hair that hasn't been shampooed in a week (no judgement... I have gone much longer than a week without shampooing my hair). If your hair is dirty and has product build up then the color has to eat through all that before it can even get to your hair cuticle which means you run the risk of your color not being as perfect as you want it to. And for updos we can always add product to make you hair feel dirtier and hold better, but there not always time to shampoo and blow-dry hair. If you ever wonder if you should shampoo your hair or not you can always call your stylist or salon... we will be more than happy to answer any questions you have!

6. Brag about it! 
We LOVE LOVE LOVE when you brag about your hair and tell your friends and family that you have the best hairstylist! You are a walking billboard for us! So keep bragging! And a lot of stylists will do a referral system that benefits you... so something like if you refer me five new clients then I will give you a FREE haircut!! This is not true with all stylists, but quite a few. It never hurts to ask! And we really really love when you brag about us on social media... It is even better when you tag us AND the salon! We are serious about the saying "Go Big or Go Home" when is comes to big hair and clients that brag! 


No comments:

Post a Comment