Monday, February 3, 2014

Snowapocalypse

Hello Readers,
So as you all know we had a crazy snow storm on Sunday... and while most of you were sitting by the fire sipping your hot chocolate watching the snow fall I was at the Miss Northwest Arkansas Pageant pretending to be some kind of Wonder Woman! And that's not a lie! The pageant weekend started normal with all the spray tans I had to give to some of the contestants (yes I still have orange hands)! And then we had interviews Saturday night... everything ran very smoothly but there was the anticipation of a freaking snowapocalypse!
My Drive Home

I showed up to the pageant bright and early Sunday morning hoping to get started earlier than planned because I had a lot of girls to get ready. Any due to the storm we had to move up the pageant by an hour... and for those of you who have never seen a pageant hairdresser work an hour is a LIFETIME!!! I can get 5 heads of hair done in an hour... so you can see where I was starting to panic a little. So in 3 hours I got 13 heads of hair done and 4 full faces of makeup! Holy cow.... talking about it I still don't know how I did it. But even though it was stressful I had a great time! I love getting to spend time with my pageant girls... they are the most amazing group of young woman you will EVER meet! We sit backstage having dance parties, goofing off and doing some hair and makeup! Here are a few of the girls that I got ready this weekend! And if you can't tell one of my girls, Mikaila Wilson, is your new Miss Northwest Arkansas! Wahoo!


And of course I can't forget about the outgoing queens! I had the privilege of working with both of them! I did Riley's hair at Miss Arkansas and Harper's hair at Miss Arkansas' Outstanding Teen! And we can't forget about our fun photo shoots! Two gorgeous girls on the inside and out!

Harper Lee Hudson
Miss Northwest Arkansas' Outstanding Teen 2013
Riley Snell
Miss Northwest Arkansas 2013


I can't wait for the next pageant (next weekend)! Pageant season is in full swing and will be crazy busy, but I am looking forward to every minute of it!
 XOXO,
Megan 



No comments:

Post a Comment