Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New to the blogging world...

Hello Readers, 
My name is Megan and I am a stylist in Northwest Arkansas... I am new to the blogging world so please don't be too harsh! I created this blog to share my love for the wonderful industry I work in! I LOVE doing what I do everyday and I want to share my knowledge and inspire others with what I do! So on this blog you will find information on products I love and use, things that are happening in the salon, things I learn about hair and makeup... and hopefully I will get SOO legit at this I will be able to show you how to's on everyday easy hairstyles for you to do at home! Have I mentioned how much  I love my job and the clients/friends I get to hang out with everyday in the salon? I can't tell you how important it is to find a career that you LOVE! Not too long ago I got the amazing opportunity to meet Winn Claybaugh (Dean of all Paul Mitchell Schools) and John Paul Dejoria (Co-Founder of Paul Mitchell) they came to my neck of the woods for the grand opening of my alma mater's new building (Paul Mitchell the School Arkansas)! While they were there they gave a great speech on how to succeed in not only the hair industry, but also any occupation out there! If you do these three things you will succeed no matter what: 

1. LOVE what you do (your job)
2. LOVE who you do it with (your co-workers)
3. LOVE who you do it for (your clients)

And right now I can put a check mark next to all three of those things! Can you? 

1. My job is amazing! I get to make people feel gorgeous everyday and I don't know about you but I think that is really awesome! 
2. My co-workers... the girls are work with are so much fun to be around! We stand around all day (or evening in some co-workers cases) getting to play with hair and makeup and goof off! We are the most laid back and diverse group of girls you will ever meet! I am so thankful for them!
3. Now for my clients.... obviously I would not have a business without them! But I love getting to spend time with them and learn what it going on in there life... In the few years I have been doing hair my clients and I have talked about everything going on in their lives. People say that a hairstylist is much like a therapist and you have no idea how true that is. I am there for my clients in joyous times and in the worst of times and we talk about almost ANYTHING. 

I hope that everyone reading this blog LOVES those three things about their jobs and if they don't then do something about it! Thats all I have for today, readers... I hope that you will continue to read my blog! And I am sorry if my grammar skills aren't up to par... I will try better. I promise!

xoxo, 
Gossip Girl
Megan

P.S. I had to try to sign off like Gossip Girl obviously... when you say xoxo thats where my mind automatically goes! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment