Thursday, January 23, 2014

My lipstick brings all the boys to the yard...

Hello Readers,

Hope all is well in the blogging world! Today I want to talk to you about some lipstick! That’s right ladies…. Lipstick! I have never been one for lipstick, lip gloss, or even chap stick. I hate the way it feels on my lips and one wrong move and you have it smeared all over your face and you look like Bozo the clown… and if you know me very well you know I am not the most graceful person so a lot of the time you see Bozo the Clown and not Megan! Haha!

I am addicted to one makeup line and one makeup like ONLY…. And its Bobbi Brown cosmetics! My skin is very sensitive and Bobbi Brown is one of the few makeup lines that won’t make me break out or make my eye swell shut (which then causes me to become Patchy the Pirate and wear an eye patch… that’s another story for another time). 

 Soooo…. This now brings me to my lipstick. I wear two different shades of lipstick, and one of them is a nude color. I think that every girl should at least have a nude lipstick… whether it’s for a night out on the town or just an everyday lip color. I use Bobbi Brown (duh!) Pale Mauve lip color! It is not a true nude, so it has a hint of a pink undertone to it but it just enough to give you a touch of color.


Now can you guess what the other color is? It’s a color EVERY southern belle living in razorback nation should have…. obviously I am talking about the perfect red lipstick!  You know the one that doesn’t turn orange or pink once you get it on! Well I mix a custom color for myself made from Bobbi Brown! I mix Old Hollywood and Red Carpet to get MY perfect red! And then I always finish it off by using a lipstick sealer, which is made by the FABULOUS Jane White (owner and founder of Jane White Cosmetics) who is based out of Little Rock, Arkansas! The stuff may or may not smell like nail polish… but man does that stuff work! Once you put that over the top of ANY lip color it is NOT moving!

Lipstick still is not my favorite thing in the world, but from time to time you will catch me wearing it. And if you see one of those rare sightings of lipstick (even if it is looking a little on the Bozo the clown side) you will know exactly the color I am wearing! Hope you can find your perfect lip color!

xoxo, 
Megan 


        

No comments:

Post a Comment