Wednesday, January 22, 2014

And the award goes to...

Hello Readers,

So the Screen Actors Guild Awards happened this past weekend, and as a hairstylist the only reason I watch these kind of awards shows are to see the hair, makeup and gorgeous (or sometimes not so gorgeous) dresses! The few awards shows I have seen this year I have noticed a trend in the soft thermal waves. I like them because they resemble finger waves, but without the overuse of product look! I think waves like these should NEVER go out of style…Sofia Vergara was by far my favorite look from the SAG awards. 

I loved her hair… it was perfect for the dress she wore and her makeup was not overdone! OOOOHHHH and we cannot forget that fabulous necklace she wore! Where can I get one of those and once I find one who wants to buy it for me? I also love the loose curl look… Like Kaley Cuoco wore!

 Now I am not a fan of her eye makeup though. It was a little too heavy for my taste, but her soft curls look amazing with her middle part! And don’t even get me started on her fabulous ombre! I am really kind of jealous, because I wish I could pull of the middle part! I have tried several times but I look like I am in the second grade again.

I loved her hair… it was perfect for the dress she wore and her makeup was not overdone! OOOOHHHH and we cannot forget that fabulous necklace she wore! Where can I get one of those and once I find one who wants to buy it for me? I also love the loose curl look… Like Kaley Cuoco wore! Now I am not a fan of her eye makeup though. It was a little too heavy for my taste,

My clients in the salon always ask me how to achieve the loose curl look so here is how you do it:

1. Curl you hair with a curling iron or flat iron like you normally would… just make it a touch tighter! And remember to always curl away from your face! (Yes, you will look a little Shirley Temple-ish… But no need to worry.)
2.  After you have curled your hair spray it with some hairspray and let it cool off! Mistake number one my clients always make it not letting it cool down before doing step
3. Take a paddle brush and brush out the curls in a downward motion! (Do not brush the hair harshly.)
4. You may have to re-curl a few pieces, but once you do that give your hair one final spray of hairspray and you are gorgeous and good to go!

Go try it out and if you have any problems feel free to shot me an email or comment below and I can try to help out!

Happy Curling Readers!
Xoxo,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment